May 30, 2012

Cedar headbands

Graduation and Matriculation
This is a time of celebration.  However, it means losing my awesome 8th graders.... sniff, sniff.  The cedar headbands and eagle feathers signify pride and achievement, and I am proud of all my 8th graders, but I have to let them go too.  Sniff.  :(

Time to start making headbands!

Some are teaching others.

Some are experts.

Others like playing with knives.

Gaspar demonstrates tenacity in creating uniformly-sized strips.

Julia rocks at peeling and thinning the strips.
Cameron tries a new technique of thinning.  Maybe he shouldn't be listening to the hoquat teacher with scarred hands.
Cordell is adept at weaving.  Can he teach it?

Eli, it's tough the first time.
Hey, I can see James Island through that hole.
Lucy and Ethel share their skills.
Lucy and Ethel are always adjacent.
Lucy and Ethel look so much alike; I guess we will have to tell them apart by their skills.

Madison rocks six strips.


Frickin' beautiful.



Nice nails, too.

No holes.  Not easy. 

1 comment:

  1. That is totally beautiful! Love the pictures of students learning the Old Ways. Gram Lillian taught me beginning basket making. I was so blessed to know her!

    ReplyDelete